Do you find your skin is feeling a little dry or lacklustre over winter? If so, I’ve got a few thoughts on getting your winter glow back with nourished winter skin.
Here are a few tips and tricks I’ve learnt over the years to keep your skin nourished over winter.
- Stay hydrated. Often when it’s colder, we don’t want to drink as much water, however, it’s vital to stay hydrated if we want our skin to stay hydrated.
- Consider changing up your skincare. With the harsher, cold air, it may be necessary to change up your skincare routine to ensure you have nourished winter skin. Cold air, and heating can both dry out your skin, creating a double whammy for your skin in winter, making it look parched and lacklustre. You can start to combat this by changing up your skincare in winter, with a more hydrating formula, such as Arbonne’s Hydrate Me range. You can even layer your skincare if you feel this will help.
- Watch your nutrition. What you eat can also have an impact on your skin. I know it can be tempting to eat more heavy foods in winter, but this can also have an impact on your skin, so watch what you’re eating as well.
- Consider your makeup as well. Your makeup can impact your skin. Whereas you may need oil and sweat proof formulas in summer when you’re sweating more, you may need a more nourishing formula during winter. Don’t be afraid to consult a makeup artist or beauty therapist if you’re not sure what you’re doing with this, and you want some personalised suggestions. Contact us now for a consultation.
- Consider adding a mask to your routine if you don’t already use one regularly. In our video below, I’ve got a few suggestions for masks which may be ideal for winter. You can also shop for masks online.