Living in these times can place pressures on our skin, particularly with high levels of stress or sun exposure (although maybe more stress at the moment). With this in mind, it’s a great idea to protect your skin, and keep it young and fresh, rather than having to resort to drastic measures later. Here are a few tips, so that in 10 years those Facebook photos look as youthful as they do today.
- Start early. Its never too early to start taking good care of your skin. As soon as you become conscious of it, its a good time to start, and definitely when you start wearing makeup. However, there is a fine line between this, and starting too early.
- Don’t start on the strong anti-ageing products too early. Many women get into the anti-ageing skincare really young, even into their teens. Then, as they age, their skin is so used to the anti-ageing ingredients in many products, that they’re left with nowhere to turn other than botox, and other extreme measures. A qualified beauty therapist will be able to assist with recommending products that will suit your skin.
- Ensure your routine will fit with your lifestyle. Many women get told they need to use a myriad of products, in a complicated routine, which may even be reminiscent of a science experiment. The science experiment is then the first thing that goes out the window when they get tired. A simple routine, which may only consisting of only a few products, and which is able to be maintained, is much more effective than the science experiment.
- Take good care of your skin at home. No beauty therapist is going to be able to repair weeks or years of damage and stress with one or two facials. Taking good care of your skin at home, and investing in a few good quality products at home will help more than one or two facials ever will, particularly in times when beauty services may not be available.
- Avoid picking that zit. Invest in a good quality spot creme, or a good deep cleansing masque (leave the deep cleansing masque on overnight, to fully draw out the impurity). If you squeeze too hard or too soon (before the impurity has been drawn to the surface), this can result in scarring, which doesn’t assist in a flawless complexion.
- Make sure you avoid too much sun exposure, and use SPF when going to the beach. There are plenty of good fake tans and spray tans out there at the moment, so that doesn’t mean you have to go down the beach with lily white legs. In fact, Arbonne even has a spray on self tanner with SPF 15, which is an absolute miracle working, doing double duty, which is a life saver for many busy women.
- Finally get out there and enjoy life. Lowering your stress level is the best way to prevent your skin from ageing prematurely. A smile is also the best accessory for looking great.
- Take care of your stress levels. When we’re stressed, we tend to frown more, and be more tense, which can have adverse effects on our skin.
- Take care of your body. When our diet is poor, and we’re not taking care of our body, this can reflect in our skin, with increased levels of congestion and breakouts, not to mention other signs of ageing.
Need some more tips? Why not consider booking a consultation with a beauty therapist to learn to better take care of your skin at home. We offer virtual consultations, so you don’t need to be in Melbourne to take advantage of this. Contact us if you’d like more information.